Friday, December 14, 2012

Zucchini Cheeze Dip

Hi all! I hope you're enjoying your day today and that you aren't too cold where you are! I know for me, it is a little too cold, which is odd because you think living in Arizona it would be warm all year right? Nope, it's a chilly 53 degrees but, I think I can handle it! It's a whole lot better than where I was living in New York during this time of year, so I really shouldn't complain. :P

Anyhoo, I have a recipe here that reminds me of cheese, which I haven't had in a while, so if you've had cheese recently, I hope this isn't a disappointment! I know I loved it! It's light, creamy, and downright yummers on a cucumber slice! I hope you try it out! This would be really nice if it was done in a high speed blender to really give that creamy consistency, but if you don't have an awesome Vitamix or Blendtec then you can totally use a food processor, which is what I did.

Zucchini Cheeze Dip
Yield: ~1 1/2 cups (4 servings)
Ingredients:
1 3/4 cup chopped zucchini (about 1/2 inch dice)
1/3 cup soaked pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup Brazil nuts (about 10 nuts)
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon chickpea miso or other light miso
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (I recommend the Red Star brand)
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions:
Place the zucchini in the food processor and process to break the zucchini down into really small pieces. Place in a bowl and set aside.
Add the seeds and nuts to the processor and break sown into small pieces as well and come together as a homogeneous mixture. Add the zucchini back in, the garlic, lemon juice, miso, nutritional yeast, and salt and process until it is nice and creamy and all the ingredients are mix through. You may need to stop the machine to scrape the sides.
Enjoy with cucumber slices, crudites, on a salad, in a wrap or sandwich as a spread with veggies and sprouts, mix into a grain or bean dish, or just enjoy! Yum!

Here are the nutrient facts from CRON-O-Meter:

Talk to you all soon!

Love,
Rawnessa <3


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment