Monday, January 21, 2013

Black Bean Corn Chipotle Dip

Ahh... The cucumbers will help with the spiciness. :P
Hello all! I hope everyone is doing well. I have been doing great but a little sad about what happened at the restaurant where I am currently working. This past weekend, it was broken into unfortunately and has been closed down for the past two days. We're hoping everything gets up and running soon and any positive vibes are greatly appreciated. We are just glad that no one was hurt in the process and that we're all safe and sound. Thank goodness it happened after hours when no one was in the restaurant, so no one was hurt. We're hoping for the best and for a strong re-opening! I know the restaurant can make it! :)

Well, for happy news, I do have a new dip! It is smoky, spicy, and a little corny! :P I had to say it! I think I'm a little corny! The corn adds a little sweetness while the chipotle adds the spicy and smokiness. So yum! I tell you, chipotle powder has been mine and my boyfriend's new obsession. We put it in everything now and my boyfriend will take it up a notch by adding a bunch extra! He likes things spicy! :) I kept my portion a little on the milder side as the recipe shows, but the flavor was a little better with the extra chipotle! I just couldn't eat as much of it or else my mouth would hate me for it! LOL!

If you have an aversion to spiciness, I would start with even less chipotle powder than the recipe states (like about 1/8 teaspoon) and work your way up. I don't want your mouth to start hating on you! But I promise it will still be tasty. Enjoy the smoky goodness!

●●
Black Bean Corn Chipotle Dip
Yield: Approximately 2 cups (About 4, ½ cup servings)

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
1 ½ cups black beans, cooked and drained
1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon fresh minced garlic
½ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon chipotle powder 
¼ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup water
3 tablespoons fresh minced cilantro
½ cup fresh/frozen corn kernels, lightly steamed

Directions:
Place the sunflower seeds in the food processor and process until it turns into a flour-like consistency. Add the beans, lemon juice, garlic, onion powder, chipotle powder, cumin, salt and water and process until completely smooth. Pulse in cilantro and corn just to combine (make sure the corn still stays whole). Enjoy!

Tips:
  • Feel free to add more chipotle powder for an extra added kick and extra smokiness. Mmmm... ;)
  • This may be a little salty to some so feel free to start with 1/4 teaspoon (or less if more sensitive) and increase as you go
●●

Alright, I think I need some more dip for my cucumbers. The amount of dip here was definitely gone before the cucumbers were! LOL!
This dip has got a good amount of iron, folate, protein, and fiber for one serving! Woohoo! Beans really are a girl's best friend. Chock full of awesome nutrients, if I may say! :P

Here is the full nutritional information for the dip and below is the basic nutritional information from CRON-O-Meter:

Well, thank you all for stopping by and I hope you have a great night. I will be back soon! Enjoy the dippy goodness! :)

Love,
Rawnessa <3


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment