Sunday, January 6, 2013

Greenie Pea and Broccoli Dip

I am not very original, but what can I say? I loves me some cucumbers with my dip. And of course some raw bread. :P
Hi all! I hope all is well and hopping! Today I have for you a dip that is beautiful and green! I love green foods and everything about them. When I eat them, I know I am getting plenty of chlorophyll which is great for alkalizing the body and a great red blood cell builder, and plus I know I am getting plenty of vitamins and minerals! Go green! LOL! I am a little too cheezy. Vegan cheezy that is... :P

Any way... This dip seems to get better with age and is a little more liquid-y than my other dips. But as it sits in the fridge it gets thicker and becomes a great consistency. It was so yummers with the raw bread I made. :) Sorry I only have one picture. I hope to be better at having a lot of pictures for the blog. I'm not the best at photography but I'll try my best! I hope you enjoy the dip and all its green-ness. :)

●●

Greenie Pea and Broccoli Dip
Yield: Approximately 3 ½ cups (About 6 heaping ½ cup Servings)

Ingredients:
1 cup frozen or fresh sweet green peas, lightly steamed
2 cups roughly chopped broccoli florettes and peeled stems, lightly steamed
1 cup water (or less for a thicker consistency)
¼ cup cashews
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic
¾ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon black pepper
¾ teaspoon salt

Directions:
Place the peas, broccoli,water cashews, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic, onion powder, black pepper and salt in the blender and blend until completely smooth. Place in the fridge for a thicker dip or enjoy immediately! 

Notes:
  • This dip is almost like a thick soup and is great warm or cold from the fridge! 
  • You don't have to steam the peas or the broccoli, but I feel it warms up the peas a bit, which makes it easier for blending, and takes the raw bite out of the broccoli and the raw bite flavor out of fresh peas, if using. However, all peas that are sold frozen in the stores are already flash steamed so are not technically raw.
●●

I didn't realize that this was such a low calorie dip! So tasty and low in calories but full of great nutrients! Look at that vitamin C content for just one serving! Woot, woot! If you look at the full nutritional information, you'll also see that this dip has tons of B vitamins, almost 25% of your daily value for folate  and almost 50% of your daily value for vitamin K! I'm lovin' it!

Here is the full nutritional information for the dip and below is the basic nutritional information from CRON-O-Meter:

Enjoy the rest of your weekend (and the dip :P) and I will be posting again soon! Thanks for stopping by! :)

Love,
Rawnessa <3

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment