Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Herbaceous White Bean Dip

The dip topped with some more fresh herbs!

Hi all! I hope you are enjoying your day as always. The weather here in Arizona has increased a lot and it is so warm and cozy. :) Just the way I like it. It's supposed to get up to 80 degrees today! Woot! I've been missing my warm weather for sure.

Well, today I have a dip for you that is full of yummy herbaceous-ness! I’m sure I made that word up, but that is what describes it best! I decided to go all out one day at Whole Foods and buy some dill and basil for a dip recipe (that may not seem like a lot of items, but if anyone knows me, I'm a bit frugal to say the least and these herbs can sometimes be a bit pricey :P But thank goodness the dill was a great price for a huge bunch! Woot!). I already had some parsley in the house so I was good to go on that! Maybe next time I will add cilantro to the mix. Hmmm… My mind is reeling! LOL! 

This dip is almost like a green goddess dressing but in dip form, without all the mayonnaise, the tarragon, … Or maybe somewhat like a ranch dressing? Well, maybe it’s just herby, dippy, and oh so good… :)  

What’s also awesome about this dip is that you can reap the benefits of all the herbs’ medicinal qualities. Basil is an anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and has antibacterial properties, dill is used for digestion problems, kidney disorders, and some liver problems (although the seed is most used for its medicinal purposes), while parsley is used for kidney issues as well as a breath freshener, to increase menstrual flow and stimulate appetite. So, eat away while getting your wonderful herbal medicine! I love food with a purpose. :)

●●

Herbacious White Bean Dip
Yield: Approximately 1 ½ cups (About 3, ½ cup servings)

Ingredients:
¼ cup walnuts
1 heaping cup of cooked and drained navy beans
1 tablespoon minced green onion
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon minced garlic
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons minced fresh basil leaves
1 tablespoon minced fresh dill leaves
1 ½ tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves

Directions:
Place the walnuts in the food processor and process until it almost turns into a nut buttery-like consistency. Add the beans, green onion, lemon juice, garlic, and salt and process until completely smooth. Pulse in the basil, dill, and parsley so that they are incorporated throughout the dip. Enjoy!


Tips:
  • Enjoy immediately or better yet, let the dip sit overnight for the flavors to meld completely for a great pop of flavor :)
  • When pulsing in the herbs, you don't want them to break down so much, or else they will affect the color of the dip, turning it somewhat grayish (which is what happened to mine). Although, it will not effect the flavor! It's still oober yummy. :P
  • You can totally decrease the amount of salt in the dip, as it is quite salty. I think 1/4 teaspoon would be about the perfect amount. Although, it tasted really good like this too! Start with less and adjust as you go.
●●

The dip is ready for it's closeup! :)
For each serving this dip has more than 50% of your daily value of Vitamin K (most likely from all the green herbs!), about 28% of your daily value of folate, more than 36% of your daily value for manganese, 8 grams of fiber and 7 grams of protein! I love beans and greens. :) Check out more of the stats below.

Here is the full nutritional information for this dip and below is the basic nutritional information from CRON-O-Meter:

Thanks again for stopping by. I really appreciate it. I would love to hear your comments or any tips / info you have. I love hearing and learning new things! :) I hope you enjoy today's recipe and hope you have an oobular day! :P LOL! I'm cheezy... ;)

Love,
Rawnessa <3


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment