Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Chipotle Cilantro Dip (Raw and Oil Free!)



Hi all! I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the summer weather! It has been super hot here in Phoenix but with monsoon season coming, I feel as if I can tolerate the heat better and it does not feel as hot. And it has actually rained just a little bit. Well, more like a drizzle! LOL! I can't wait for the actual rain! It hasn't really rained here for so long and coming from living in New York where it rains at least once every week, I miss the rain tremendously. Bring on the rain! :D

Anyhoo, I have another low fat and oil free dip/sauce for you guys! It's super duper simple and super duper tasty! Now, this is a pretty spicy dip; at least for me it is. But, I'm pretty much a wimp in the heat department. :P My mouth was begging me to stop eating it, but my taste buds wanted more of the yummy flavor! My love thought it was super duper yummy though and didn't complain about it being too spicy. However, he can handle more heat than I can. So, I advise you to start with less chipotle powder, about 1/8 teaspoon and work your way up. Although, the chipotle is what gives the dip that smoky flavor that I love, it isn't a raw ingredient since it is smoked red ripe jalapenos but it gives this smoky spiciness that no other ingredient can give.

Smoky flavors are just so yummy to me for some reason in food. There is a tea called lapsang souchong that also gives a smoky flavor to foods because the tea leaves are smoked over pine wood fires. You can brew the tea and add it to recipes for a distinctive smokiness. I have yet to use it, but am curious to use it in a recipe. I also want to buy some smoked salt for culinary use and ever since I first used it in culinary school, I have been longing to use it again. I must grab some!

I used this recipe as a sauce and dip for cucumber wrappers that had some mango and cilantro stuffed inside. It was really fun and challenging to try to actually make the cucumber wrapper and I definitely need more practice. However, it was super darn tasty. Mango, chipotle, and cilantro is such an awesome combination! Yum, Yum, Yum... :D

Gobble gobble gobble...

Chipotle Cilantro Dip

Yield: ~1 1/2 cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes or less
Servings: ~4

Ingredients:
250 grams 1/2 inch sliced peeled zucchini (1 3/4 cup)
30 grams hemp seeds (3 tablespoons)
18 grams thinly sliced green onions (the green parts) (1/4 cup)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons chopped dates
1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder (less if you don't like too spicy)
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
                 -
1/4 cup chopped cilantro 

Instructions:
In a blender, blend the zucchini, hemp seeds, green onions, lemon juice, dates, salt, chipotle, and black pepper until smooth. Add the cilantro and blend lightly just to break up the cilantro leaves so that there are specks throughout the dressing. Enjoy! 



Here is the nutritional information from CRON-O-Meter. What's awesome about this dip is that it is low in fat, high in vitamin C and K, magnesium, copper, and manganese. Woot woot! :P 

Thank you all for stopping by! I hope you all enjoy this recipe and I will be back with some more! Take care and have an oobertastic day! :)

Love,
Rawnessa <3


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment